Are you tired of standard ear piercing? If so, then worry not because trident piercing gives you a unique kind of piercing that hardly goes unnoticed.
If you are a beginner then you must be wondering what is involved in this awesome type of piercing. This is what I will be addressing in this guide: all your concerns regarding trident ear piercing.
What Is a Trident Ear Piercing?
This is a unique type of piercing which involves perforating the ear more than once and using a jewelry that runs through from one end of the piercing to another.
The piercings normally face each other in opposite directions which gives way for the insertion of a single barbell thus connecting the piercings.
Should You Go For It?
If you are looking for a less common piercing type, then you should get your ear trident piercing also known as pitchfork industrial piercing.
The fact that it is fashionable and eye-catching makes it one of the best piercings to have. Here are the good and the bad about devil’s trident piercings that you should know:
- It is unique.
- Allows use of various bars.
- You don’t need to get both ears pierced.
- The process is quick.
- It could get too painful.
- Could result in side effects in a gone wrong piercing process or if it gets infected.
- Once you arrive at the piercers premise, he will begin by disinfecting the suitable area for piercing.
- If you are comfortable with the choice of the location, he will proceed to do the piercing using a sterilized needle with the right size on the cartridge and on the conch’s bottom.
- After performing the ear piercing, the piercer will disinfect the areas where the holes are located.
Here is a video guide on how the whole process is done.
How Does a Trident Piercing Hurt?
6 of 10
The pain level could get high due to the involvement of cartilage. On a pain scale of 1-10, the pain level is at 6.
However, the pain can be suppressed using painkillers sold over the counter.
It is not unusual to develop a sore and swollen ear just after the piercing.
Healing And Aftercare Tips
Trident ear piercing also known as trident industrial piercing could take up to 6 months to completely heal.
However, during the healing period, proper care should be observed.
Here are some of the aftercare tips:
- Cleaning the piercing at least two times a day using cotton that is dipped in saline water solution for cleaning care.
- Avoid mounting pressure on the pierced part.
- Cleaning any object physically contacting your piercing to avoid risks of infection.
Goods to Buy for Proper Aftercare
Piercing aftercare spray – choose if you don’t have time to make saline solution every time you need to clean your piercing
Healing sea salt solution specially for piercing care – choose for diy saline soaks
Dr. Piercing’s medication filled swabs – use in combination with sea salt solution or spray for better cleaning
Organic tea tree oil – use to avoid piercing infection/bump
Best Jewelry For Trident Ear Piercings
After you have healed completely you can use different types of jewelry. A gem industrial row barbell is particularly unique and trendy.
How Much Does A Trident Piercing Cost?
The price of trident ear piercing varies according to where it is done. Here are the average prices in the US, UK, and Europe.
- US: $45 – $80
- UK: £50
- Europe: €45 – €60
If you are tired of the common types of ear piercing, then trident piercing could be the best option.
This is because it gives you a unique appearance, it is fashionable, makes your ear cool and can’t go unnoticed.